Last Updated: May 16, 2016Printable Version
|FACTS||WHAT DOES RENOVATE AMERICA, INC. (“RENOVATE AMERICA”), ADMINISTRATOR OF THE HERO PROGRAM, DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
• Social Security number and income
• Account balances and payment history
• Credit history and credit scores
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Renovate America chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Renovate America share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|To limit our sharing||
To exercise your choices do one of the following:
(1) Fill out, sign and send back this form to us (you may want to make a copy for your records)
(2) Call this toll-free number (855) 437-6411
(3) Reply electronically by contacting us through the following Internet option: www.heroprogram.com/privacy-preferences
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 45 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
|Questions?||Call (855) 437-6411 or go to www.heroprogram.com/privacy-preferences to opt out.|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Renovate America, Inc.|
|What we do|
|How does Renovate America protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Renovate America collect my personal information?||
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
• Provide your mortgage information and give us your contact information
• Pay your bills or apply for a loan
• Open an account We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
• sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
• affiliates from using your information to market to you
• sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.|
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
• Our affiliate includes Personal Energy Finance, Inc.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
• Nonaffiliates we share with can include contractors, financial services providers and home improvement companies.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
• Our joint marketing partners include contractors, home improvement companies, depository institutions, and financial institutions.
|Other important information|
|California Residents- If our records show that you live in California, we will not share information with nonaffiliates for their marketing purposes except with your express consent or otherwise authorized by California law. We will not disclose personal and financial information about you with companies we own or control (affiliates) or with companies we do business with to provide financial products and services (joint marketing partners) if you instruct us not to do so by following the instructions on the form called "Important Privacy Choices for Consumers" provided with this notice.|